Saturday, January 29, 2011

The "Tooth Fairy Forgot" poem

Okay, so my poor sweet Grace lost a tooth on Thursday and the tooth fairy somehow didn't make it...oops. Here's the redemption letter, of course there was $6.00 included:

I know what you’re thinking, you’re tooth fairy’s a flake
She didn’t show up, was it some kind of mistake?

Was my tooth not enough? Was there a cavity?
We know tooth fairy’s fly and can defy gravity.

It breaks my heart to know that I caused you such sadness
It’s not like I needed a map to your house or your address

I know where you live; I’ve been to your place
But please forgive me; it’s been a busy week Grace?

You see? When I plan each night I save
The kids that are kind and don’t misbehave

They’re last on my list because you know the phrase
“Save the best for last”…but I encountered some delays

I leave you tonight with hopes you’ll forgive me
I could never be truly happy not knowing you still love me

You’re such a good girl Grace and you make me so proud
To be your tooth fairy living up in the clouds.

I love you Grace!

Love, Your Tooth Fairy